The Addison Machine Side Pass Stands model is a sturdy compact unit that can be located on many different types of existing tube mills. This unit is very useful for producing both light and heavy wall tubes.
This height may be adjustable or fixed position. The unit consists of a welded frame housing with two adjustable spindle slide block assemblies. The slide block assemblies are adjustable via a single screw adjustment to allow the operator to adjust the slide blocks in or out simultaneously (squeeze pressure) and/or to locate the rolls laterally as a unit (tube center location).
The side roll spindles are made of 8620 alloy steel and are case hardened to R”C” 56-58. To prevent the spindles from “spreading” under load, each slide block is fitted with a removable top plate attachment.
Side Pass Stands apply pressure on the forming tube to assist in shape formation between the Driven Stands.
- Stands compatible with many different types of tube mills.
- Applicable for both light and heavy wall tube.
- Adjustable or fixed bottom line.
- Single point screw adjustment allows simultaneous in or out (squeeze pressure) adjustment or to locate the rolls laterally as a unit (tube center location).
- Spindles can be manufactured to accept any bearing used on existing tooling sets.
- Tie bar assembly prevents "spreading" of the side roll spindles.
- Special units can be designed to meet specific needs.
Models and Specifications
|Model Number||Tube Size Range (Inch)|
|SP-075||0.188" - 0.750" Dia.|
|SP-100||0.188" - 0.750" Dia.|
|SP-150||0.250" - 1.500" Dia.|
|SP-150X||0.375" - 1.750" Dia.|
|SP-200||0.500" - 2.250" Dia.|
|SP-250||0.750" - 3.000" Dia.|
|SP-300||1.000" - 4.000" Dia.|
|SP-400||1.250" - 5.000" Dia.|
|SP-500||1.500" - 6.000" Dia.|
|SP-600||2.000" - 7.000" Dia.|
- Flip-top side pass design is available for heavy wall tube and pipe mills.
- Adjustable-height design.
- Fixed-height design.
- Single-point adjusters.