Seam Orientation Units
Our Seam Orientation Unit is designed to locate the weld seam in any location on the tube between the 10 o'clock and the 2 o'clock position.
The seam orientation stand is located after the induction welding section to maintain the weld seam at top, dead center to insure proper annealing of the tube and pipe weld seam. Likewise, when forming shapes from a round tube or pipe, the seam orientation stand can maintain the weld seam at top, dead center during the shaping process.
Seam Orientation Units position weld seam to desired position prior to the tube mill sizing section.
- Pass-line, mill keyway location and mill flow can be customized to correspond to the parameters of existing tube mills.
- Housing made from rigid welded steel.
- Phenolic roll tooling is mounted in rigid steel, tilting roll holder clevises.
- Slide blocks are held in place with top gib arrangement to adjust in and out from the centerline and as a unit across centerline of the tube mill. Lockdown mechanism maintains positive location after the proper position is achieved.
- Unit height is adjustable.
- Direction of the outboard roll tilt is determined by the clockwise or counterclockwise rotation of the adjusting screw. Inboard roll tilt automatically adjusts to the opposite direction via pivoting actuating arm.
- Cam followers are utilized for tilt actuation.