Request for Quotation
Partner with Addison Machine on your next project. Contact us for a quotation or with any questions you may have on this product.
Addison Machine Engineering, Inc.
1301 Industrial St.
Reedsburg, WI 53959
Why Regrinds Matter
Although many tube and pipe producers don't get too involved in the regrind process, it is crucial for three reasons:
- Can extend tooling useful life by 15-20 times over
- Reduces overall out-of-pocket tooling expenses
- Helps ensure tooling continues to produce a consistent-quality product at the required speeds
In today's economy, smaller inventories and shorter production runs necessitate quick regrind turnarounds. To get the fast but exacting service you need, your regrind partner must have:
- Experts who understand the types of flaws that reconditioning can and cannot resolve
- Staff capable of quickly evaluating whether regrinding is an option and how much work each roll will require
- In-depth knowledge of your requirements and preset standards, and needed spare parts and hardware
Get the longest possible life from your tooling. Call the regrind experts at Addison Machine for all your reconditioning needs.
Proactive Instead of Reactive
A good tooling maintenance program yields faster tooling setups, faster production runs, less downtime, less scrap, and a higher-quality product coming off the tube or pipe mill. Contact Addison to find out how to improve and implement these standards to your program.
What are some of the tasks involved?
- Inspect the roll tooling as it is being taken off the mill to catch potential future problems that can be repaired before the next production run of that tooling set
- Replace bad bearings when the rolls come off of the mill to eliminate costly, unscheduled maintenance shutdowns during production runs
- Store tooling sets on clearly labeled racks in a clean and organized fashion for quicker changeovers
If you'd like expert assistance in setting up your tooling maintenance program, contact Addison regrind experts today.