Request for Quotation
Partner with Addison Machine on your next project. Contact us for a quotation or with any questions you may have on this product.
Addison Machine Engineering, Inc.
1301 Industrial St.
Reedsburg, WI 53959
TIG Mill Component
The Four-Roll TIG Weld Box is a heavy-duty side closer unit designed with heavy-duty "live" spindles. The spindles are supported by angular contact ball thrust bearings, which are housed in adjustable slide block housings. Each spindle is manufactured from alloy steel, heat treated, and precision ground. A coaxial adjustment screw allows each pair of weld rolls to be closed or opened about the tube centerline.
Each slide block housing is cooled during operation via a manifold system located inside the Weld Box assembly. During the welding process, the weld box is totally enclosed to create the necessary internal gas atmosphere. Optically protected view ports to allow the operator to monitor the welding process.
The gas/coolant chamber allows for the proper “gas bath” and “coolant bath” on the weld to prevent oxidizing of the seam and cool the tube before final sizing.
Primary functions are to stabilize and guide the strip edges as they enter the weld apex, and to apply pressure to forge the heated edges of the formed strip together for a good weld. As such, the unit's weld rolls must be capable of providing enough pressure to upset the edges sufficiently to ensure impurities are squeezed out.
Addison's TIG Weld Box is a side closer unit designed with heavy-duty live spindles.
- Spindles are supported by angular contact ball thrust bearings housed in adjustable slide block housings. Spindles manufactured from alloy steel, heat-treated, and precision ground.
- A coaxial adjustment screw allows each pair of inboard and outboard weld rolls to be closed or opened about the tube centerline either individually or separately.
- Slide block housing is cooled during operation via a manifold system located inside the weld box assembly.
- During welding process, unit is totally enclosed to create the necessary internal gas atmosphere. Optically protected view ports allow operator to monitor welding technique.
|Model Number||Tube Size Range (Inch)|
|TWB-1000||0.188" - 1.000" Dia.|
|TWB-1250||0.188" - 1.250" Dia.|
|TWB-1500||0.250" - 1.500" Dia.|
|TWB-2000||0.500" - 2.500" Dia.|
|TWB-3000||0.750" - 3.000" Dia.|
- Four- or Six-Roll setup available.
- Gas and cooling chambers.
- Open or enclosed atmosphere.